StarBurn is a powerful tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD media. StarBurn supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Dual layer DVD-R & DVD+R, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware.
StarBurn is easy to learn and to use. In addition to advanced DVD authoring and mastering features StarBurn offers a number of step-by-step wizards for novice users.
New features of StarBurn v.10
- StarBurn now has portable edition unified with the base installation.
- Wizards complete C++ source code included. StarBurn now is open source application!
- Skin manager bug (no skins under x64 Vista/Longhorn Windows) fixed.
- Broken non-English volume label names bug fixed.
- Can work now w/o Administrator rights (except StarPort-based wizards) under Vista/Longhorn.
- SAO & DAO methods now correctly report they cannot do "test" burn.
- DVD+R DL (Double Layer) now correctly sets layer break border.
- Probing for supported read modes now does not probe DVD and Blu-Ray for raw reads they cannot do.
- PIONEER 116 and 216 (PATA & SATA models) workaround added.
- Now we can do true session and disc finalization for BD-R media (don't always leave disc opened).
- BD-RE and DVD+RW erase sequence changed. Now we do completely erase UDF header.
- TOC reading has workaround for broken AnyDVD software (with protected Blu-Ray movie disc inserted).
- TOC sequence changed to report correct track ends for DVD and Blu-Ray disc (w/o link blocks).
Main differences between GAOTD version and freeware version of Starburn:
- Network burning unlocked (RDS standard version has network burning expiring after 30 days of the evaluation). Now Mac Aero network burning functionality is available to the PC/Windows user as well;
- DVD decrypter (missing from RDS standard builds);
- Blu-Ray decrypter (missing from RDS standard builds).
Complete list of features